Prop Data, is on the search for exceptional Senior Software Engineers (Python) to be part of our team in Cape Town or else work remotely.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, innovative, and driven people with integrity to join us. We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs and a nurturing work environment. At Prop Data, you won't be bored as long as you are up for a challenge and keen to build something great.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will help to architect, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You will be able to influence both business and architectural decisions while working on end-to-end technology solutions.
- Build systems to scale with our growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services.
- Work closely with developers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python.
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team.
- Firm understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures, and algorithms.
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and an impulse to invent and simplify.
- Experience with Django, Django REST Framework, Python, celery, Swagger, and Node
- Experience in developing back-end systems in a microservice architecture.
- Exposure to Web technologies such as React, Redux, Websockets, IndexDB.
- Experience with PostgresQL.
- Experience using GIT version control.
- Experience with message queues such as Redis, RabbitMQ.
- Experience with specific AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, ECR, Lambda, SNS, RDS, API Gateway).
Nice to have:
- Exposure to monitoring software such as Prometheus.
- Exposure to data exchange formats such as SOAP, JSON, XML.
- Experience with CI / CD platforms such as Github Actions, Travis, Jenkins.
- Experience with current development IDEs such as VSCode.
- Exposure to Enterprise Service Bus technologies.
- Experience with remote collaboration tools such as Asana, Accello, Jira, Trello etc.
- Experience with design and diagramming software such as Figma, Whimsical, Miro
- Exposure to Sentry and other remote debugging tools.
- Experience working in the real estate industry or affiliated industries.
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Prop Data employees are entrepreneurial, dynamic, smart, and customer-centric. We like to have fun, but still put in the work needed to be the leading proptech company in Africa.
- Our employees take ownership of individual projects but are unafraid to work in teams to create solutions. We all have a strong desire to improve and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We take pride in what we do and what we are creating. We know every bit helps to take the company forward.
We seek to employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright.
- is a pro at getting things done, who can not only design but also execute.
- is analytical; able to use data to make decisions.
- is competitive, self-directed and aims to do their BEST at all times (GREATNESS requires effort and does not only happen during business hours).
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and providing a first-class customer experience.
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and accepts it is a constant.
- is always looking for solutions to do something better and faster.
- is business SMART. Able to consider problems from a business perspective using technical and product input.
- is curious and unafraid to challenge the status quo.
- is innovative and enjoys iteration.
- is comfortable working as part of a team.
- will be at the forefront of developing new concepts for Prop Data.
- thinks like an owner of a business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY, and is DEDICATED.
If you fit the above, you are an Extraordinary Mind. We would love you to join our team! Please let us know by sending your CV to email@example.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent