We are seeking a talented and experienced SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) Specialist to join our team.
As an SEO Specialist, you will be responsible for improving the online visibility and organic search rankings for not only our own website but all of our clients' websites. You will work closely with the marketing and web development teams to implement effective SEO strategies and ensure that our clients' websites are optimised for search engines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct keyword research and analysis to identify valuable keywords for our clients' websites.
- Optimise website content, including meta tags, headings, and on-page content, to improve organic search rankings.
- Develop and implement link-building strategies to increase the website's authority and improve search engine rankings.
- Monitor and analyse website performance using SEO tools and analytics platforms.
- Identify technical issues on the website that may impact search engine visibility and work with the web development team to resolve them.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends, algorithm updates, and industry best practices.
- Conduct regular SEO audits to identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations for optimisation.
- Collaborate with the content team to ensure that new content is optimised for search engines.
- Track and report on key SEO metrics, such as organic traffic, keyword rankings, and conversion rates.
- Provide guidance and support to other team members on SEO best practices.
- Two to three years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking factors.
- Experience with SEO tools, such as Google Analytics, Search Console, and SEM Rush.
- Knowledge of keyword research and data mining tools.
- Able to complete competitive analysis of other companies within the industry.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and website development principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.).
- Comfortable analysing high volumes of data on a daily basis.
- Experience with other aspects of marketing, such as customer growth and promotion is a plus.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO.
- Prop Data employees are entrepreneurial, dynamic, smart, and customer-centric. We like to have fun but still put in the work needed to be the leading prop-tech company in Africa.
- Our employees take ownership of individual projects but are unafraid to work in teams to create solutions. We all have a strong desire to improve and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We take pride in what we do and what we are creating. We know every bit helps to take the company forward.
- We seek to employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright.
- is a pro at getting things done and can not only design but also execute.
- is analytical and able to use data to make decisions.
- is competitive, self-directed, and aims to do their BEST at all times (GREATNESS requires effort and does not only happen during business hours).
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and providing a first-class customer experience.
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant.
- is always looking for solutions to do something better and faster.
- is business SMART. Able to consider problems from a business perspective using technical and product input.
- is curious and unafraid to challenge the status quo.
- is innovative and enjoys iteration.
- is comfortable working as part of a team.
- will be at the forefront of developing new concepts for Prop Data.
- thinks like an owner of a business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY, and is DEDICATED.
If you fit the above, you are an Extraordinary Mind. We would love you to join our team! Please let us know by sending your CV to email@example.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent